“I am the tomato of grapes. I am the cherry of tomatoes. I am the red fruit of love that goes best in pasta.”
― Jarod Kintz, (author of ’99 Cents For Some Nonsense‘)
Today we want to share one of the easy to make recipes. It’s a pasta salad which we prepare the day before consumption. Ideal for hot Summer Days (yes it’s Summer in the Southern Hemisphere) with a busy day ahead.
- 1 (16 ounce) package medium seashell or macaroni pasta
- 1 lb. diced bacon
- 1 ½ cups light Ranch-style salad dressing
- 1 small onion, chopped
- 2 tomatoes, chopped
- 2 tea spoons fine chopped basilicum
1) Bring a large pot of lightly salted water to a boil. Add the pasta, and cook until tender, about 8 minutes. Add the basilicum during the last minute. Drain, and rinse under cold water to cool.
2) Meanwhile, cook the bacon in a large deep skillet over medium-high heat until browned and crisp. Remove from the pan and drain on paper towels.
3) In a large bowl, stir together the Ranch dressing, onion, and tomatoes. Mix in the cooled pasta. The pasta will absorb some of the dressing, so don’t worry if it seems like too much. Refrigerate for several hours or overnight. Crumble bacon over the top just before serving.